The Process Engineer is responsible for consistently working to optimize existing production process in water borne coating production, and start-up of new manufacturing equipment, including tests to ensure product quality. His/her main focus is on key factors of Safety, Quality and Productivity.
What you will do:
- Responsibility for processes on dedicated lines. Also responsible for the creation, implementation, training and maintenance of manufacturing instructions, production process descriptions and process data collection needed for the safe, quality oriented and efficient production on dedicated production lines.
- Execute production trials in alignment with other functions, such as R&D and production. Responsible for safety, design, deadlines and costs. Evaluates production trials and assesses the result in terms of raw material, process and product properties. Documents the results in the trial reports, in the project directory.
- Initiates production trials based on a risk assessment for safety and quality in alignment with other responsible functions with focus on process parameter and process equipment.
- Lead the continuous improvement process. Plans, aligns, executes and documents measures to optimize the production process, in particular quality or efficiency improvements and waste reduction.
- Initiates, develops or contributes to the implementation of technical measures for new or optimized equipment and carries out the testing of the resulting process changes.
- Analyzes Failure management and carries out causal research on quality deviations. Assist with raw material complaints and is authorized to stop production in case of serious quality concerns.
- Defines measures that are necessary to correct failure or prevent errors. Documents measures in the process FMEA. Supports quality control with 8D reports, especially with implemented countermeasures.
- Responsible for the selection and application of tools and methods with respect to scientific standards.
- Responsible for carrying out the statistical process control on the relevant equipment and evaluates it.
- Builds up process relevant databases and systems, analyzes the data (quality records, production data), documents and communicates the results.
- Provides knowledge of processes and production in written reports and gives input into projects and capital expenditures to enhance safety, quality and globally competitive production.
- Project manager or team member in tesa product development or Plant Sparta projects according to the tesa project guide process.
- Participates in expert teams within the tesa technology network and exchange with sister plants.
- Enforces all legal, quality, plant and company rules with special emphasis on safety, environment and quality according to IATF 16949 standards
- Works closely with production, quality, scheduling, R&D and marketing on the above-mentioned tasks.
What you will need:
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related degree and at least 2 years of directly related experience within the last 5 to 8 years.
- Proven ability to evaluate complex data and draw conclusions.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours machine-side.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. SAP experience preferred but not required.
- ISO/TS 9001 and/or IATF 16949 knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge and experience with design of experiment methods and software helpful.
- Must have good team work, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions
- Must be available and able to travel to other locations, including foreign travel.
- Well-developed project management, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Well-developed communication skills for different audiences and in conflict situations; team player
- Prioritization of work, based on short- and long-term objectives; self-organized
- Work in a group concept; self-motivated; and able and willing to work cross-functionally
- Takes initiative to respond immediately to problems and takes a proactive approach.
- Values of honesty, reliability, open/transparent, team orientation and respectful of diversity.
- Accountable for own actions, positive attitude, and recognizes the impact of own behavior.
- Work with safety, quality, and customer in mind.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled