We are looking for an exceptional people leader with solid manufacturing experience and success. tesa tape is an international company based in Germany with a strong and growing presence in the United States including the Grand Rapids, MI area.
The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the manufacturing processes including all personnel, product and process optimization through three focus factory managers who lead 70 semi-skilled production employees.
What you will do:
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal, state and local laws with special emphasis on safety, environmental and reporting any nonconforming situations to the Technical and/or Plant Manager with recommended or executed corrective action. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Lead the manufacturing processes by establishing a team based approach to process optimization to improve efficiencies and quality while establishing and maintaining key performance indicators.
- Enforce all legal, plant and company rules with special emphasis on safety, quality and environmental rules, reporting nonconforming situations to the converting manager with recommended or executed corrective action. May delegate EMS responsibilities, but is ultimately accountable for compliance within functional area.
- Establish and enforce safe and environmentally sound manufacturing practices accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements (MIOSHA, DEQE, etc.)
- Lead the quality management system in the production area to maintain ISO/TS 16949 certification including FMEA, PPAP, root cause analysis, 8-D, corrective action system and other tools.
- Direct lean manufacturing and continuous improvement efforts such as 5-S in production.
- Interact with customers as well as supplier representatives on process and quality issues which may require travel to their facilities.
- Ensure that at all times sufficient, trained and capable personnel is available to meet business needs, including cross-training and sustaining a high training level of production personnel.
- Develop future and state-of-the-art production concepts for the manufacturing department, including material flow analyses and production process analyses.
- Sustain a continuous contact to the marketing and sale organization in order to ensure that market needs can be met by production.
- Participate in or lead projects for optimization of productions processes, new product development, designing and commissioning new production machines, and transfer of products from other production facilities.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical field; Master's degree preferred.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of professional level leadership experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in extruding, coating, mixing and/or converting and web handling would be a plus.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, problem-solving, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- IATF and ISO/TS 16949 knowledge helpful. Ability to become an internal auditor.
- Experience in 5S methodology and 6-sigma methodology.
- Must be available and able to 10% travel to other locations including foreign travel.
What you will get:
Medical, vision, dental, life, disability and long-term care coverages.
Exceptional 401k and bonus participation.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled