This position has a dual responsibility for supporting the Production Manager and supervision of an assigned shift. In this role, he/she has leadership/coaching responsibilities for associates in production. He/she is responsible for leading a team of hourly employees in achieving or exceeding the quality, safety, production, and continuous improvement goals. He/she is responsible for work safety and good manufacturing practices. He/she is the first response person in case of a safety and/or environmental incident/accident.
Approx. 10-20 direct reports (converting assistants, machine operators, etc.)
Responsible for assigned production hourly positions. Reports to the Production Manager.
What you will do:
- Assists with managing departmental compliance with processes and procedures.
- Covers or arranges for coverage of shifts when a Supervisor or Lead is not present.
- Responsible for production reports (productivity, machine downtime, OT, etc.) as required
- Ensures that all production areas are maintained according to 5S principles through coaching of employees and collaboration with the Maintenance staff.
- Follows up on machine repair requests to assist in prioritizing and addressing critical issues.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal, state and local laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- May be required to work extended hours including weekends to support your direct reports and keep the production process in good working order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Well-developed influence management skills
- Experienced in conflict resolution
- Prioritizes work based on short- and long-term objectives
- Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Flexibility to work all shifts when needed to cover for other supervisors
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work 40+ hours per week and stand 8 hours per shift.
- Two-year college degree in a related field or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of work experience; Four-year college degree preferred.
tesa tape Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled